Questions or to Book an Appointment:
Please Call (215) 900-6850 or Email
Dan (@) TranslatingHealth.com
- Thank You!
Study Analysis Shows
Acupuncture Effective For
Treating Chronic Pain!
Back Pain: After analyzing data from more than 2,100 patients, researchers from University of Maryland School of Medicine noted, “For people with chronic low back pain analysis shows that acupuncture is clearly effective in providing considerable pain relief .”
Osteoarthritis/Knee Pain: Recent literature reviews of large, high-quality trials have found that acupuncture provides pain relief and improves function for people with osteoarthritis, particularly of the knee.
Migraines/Headaches: Medical management combined with acupuncture resulted in improvements in health-related quality of life and patients that suffered less from headaches. Studies suggest acupuncture is at least as effective, or possibly more effective than, medication in protecting against migraines, and may be beneficial for frequent or chronic tension headaches.
Postoperative Dental Pain: A study of 39 dental surgery patients found that acupuncture was superior to placebo (simulated acupuncture) to prevent postoperative pain.
Fact: 66 million people in the U.S. (nearly 1 in 3 adults) are diagnosed with some form of arthritis each year.
Fact: Back pain accounts for most of the health care visits and missed work days.
Traditional Treatments for Pain:
· If a successful surgery is not available for your condition results are limited.
· NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents - like aspirin or ibuprofen) are often prescribed to control inflammation addressing symptoms but sometimes with mild to severe side effects.
· NSAID’s users face an extremely high risk of stomach ulcers, gastrointestinal tract bleeding, thrombotic events, and even kidney and liver damage.
· Prescription NSAIDs are responsible for approximately 10,000 to 20,000 deaths per year.
· NSAIDs may inhibit cartilage formation and accelerate cartilage destruction, worsening the condition that they’re supposed to be treating.
· Studies have shown that NSAIDs use is associated with acceleration of osteoarthritis and increased joint destruction.
· Cortisone shots work symptomatically to bring down inflammation, helping temporarily but there can be side effects and the results don’t last long enough.
The world is in desperate need for a safe anti-inflammatory.
Safe, Painless, Effective!
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine calls acupuncture “a promising alternative” to standard Medical treatments for painful conditions like fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, osteoarthritis, and tennis elbow, and notes there are far fewer adverse effects associated with acupuncture than with many standard drug treatments (anti-inflammatory medication and cortisone steroid injections).
Acupuncture has been shown to stimulate and/or balance: Triglyceride levels, prostaglandins, white blood cell counts, gamma globulins, and overall anti-body levels - for inflammation, pain and immune system health; Secretion of endorphins and enkaphalins, our body’s natural pain killers; Neurotransmitters - such as Seratonin and Noradrenaline - for depression and mood disorders; And vasodilators - such as Histamine - to constrict or dilate blood vessels.
Most patients say the acupuncture needles are painless and find the treatment very relaxing.
Book a FREE Consultation!
Call (215) 900-6850